The Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE; Chinese: 西南财经大学) is a public research university in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. The university is affiliated to the Ministry of Education, and co-funded by the ministry and the Sichuan Provincial People’s Government.
The university is famous for its faculty of business administration in China. The school is listed in both Double First Class University Plan and former Project 211. It is a Chinese state Double First Class University identified by the Ministry of Education of China, as part of the national endeavor to build world-class universities. In December 2014, SWUFE’s School of Business Administration (SBA) became the first business school in Western China to be accredited by the European Quality Improvement System.
In 2015, SWUFE’s Faculty of Business Administration (FBA) was accredited by the European Quality Improvement System.
As of 2021, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics ranked the best in Sichuan and 5th nationwide among universities specialized in finance, business, and economics in the recent edition of the recognized Best Chinese Universities Ranking. The U.S. News & World Report ranks SWUFE at 11th in Asia and 89th globally in Business and Economics.
- SWUFE’s Schools
- School of Finance
- School of Accounting
- School of Business Administration
- School of Securities and Futures
- School of Insurance
- Research Institute of Economics and Management
- School of Statistics
- School of Marxism
- School of International Business
- School of Humanities
- School of Continuing (On-line) Education
- Institute of Economic Mathematics
- College of International Education
- School of Economic Information and Engineering
- School of Humanities and General Education
- School of Public Finance and Taxation
- School of Economics
- School of Law
- School of Public Administration
- School of Foreign Language for Business
- Study Abroad Institute