Changwon National University has signed an MOU with universities and agencies throughout Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania and Africa to develop global leaders through diverse international programs such as student exchange and research exchange. As of 2020, the university signed MOUs with 190 universities in around 30 countries including the United States, China, Japan, Germany, France and others. The Institute of International Affairs and Education operates different international exchange programs, including student exchanges and short-term and long-term language courses. Various foreign language courses are available to students and faculty members. Also, the institute operates a video learning classroom, a self-study room, and an English lounge.
- International Summer Camp: Students attending sister universities abroad learn the Korean language and culture with CWNU students for three weeks during summer vacations.
- Exchange Student Program: Exchange students spend one or two regular semesters at a sister university abroad to receive course credits.
- One to One Program: Students are matched with foreign exchange students for language and culture exchange. Upon completion, participants get points for the non-credit mileage program.
- International Students Council (ISC): The ISC, an autonomous student organization, helps international students adapt to campus life. ISC holds a variety of global communication events, including welcoming parties for international students, sports festivals, and cultural experiences with the help of the Institute of International Affairs and Education.
- Study Group for International Students: New international students in the undergraduate course are matched with Korean students of the same major to learn the Korean language or major courses. Upon completion, participants get points for the non-credit mileage program.